Allergies occur when the immune system reacts abnormally to certain stimuli. These stimuli are referred to as allergens but how does it all happen? When we have allergic reaction to something, it’s because the Immune system incorrectly perceives some substances as a threat. Respiratory allergies are caused by airborne allergens like dust, pollen, etc. Food allergy is caused as an adverse reaction to certain food items. Contact allergy is caused by skin’s reaction to some metals, fragrances or latex etc. The symptoms can be debilitating, you’ll try everything and still be left frustrated as the allergy keeps on coming back – believe me! I’ve been there. Symptoms can range from; Hives & Rashes, to More serious cases of Anaphylactic attack. There are 3 types of allergies; Respiratory allergies which lead to Sneezing, Coughing Watering of eyes and nose & Asthma. Food allergies which lead to Diarrhoea, Flatulence, Eczema, Skin rashes & Swelling of throat. Contact allergies which cause Itching, Inflammation, Burning sensation & Blisters. Believe it or not, allergies are really easy to treat and you can do it with normal basic supermarket products. Here’s a Natural home remedy using carrot juice, beetroot juice and cucumber juice. All you really need is a juicer!
Take 250 ml carrot juice
Add 100 ml beetroot juice
Add 100 ml cucumber juice – Mix well & Have once everyday. This helps reduce allergic reaction and soothes existing allergies. There’s also a Natural home remedy using lemon and honey. Lemon helps flush toxins from the body. It is an antibiotic and has anti-allergic properties.
Take 1 glass lukewarm water,
Squeeze ½ lemon in it,
Add 1 tsp honey, Mix well & Drink on an empty stomach. Because Ayurveda works with the mind body and spirit as a complete union, certain oils are used during Ayurvedic Massage that can alleviate & even cure the symptoms of allergies. Example are as follows:
1. Peppermint Oil: Massage with Peppermint Oil can oftentimes immediately unclog the sinuses and offer relief to scratchy throats. Peppermint acts as an expectorant and provides relief for allergies, as well as colds, coughs, sinusitis, asthma and bronchitis. It has the power to discharge phlegm and reduce inflammation — a leading cause of allergic reactions.
2. Basil Oil: Massage with Basil Oil, is often done to tackle the inflammatory response of allergens. It also supports the adrenal glands, which are involved in producing over 50 hormones that drive almost every bodily function. Essentially, basil essential oil is helping your body to react appropriately to a threat by rushing blood to your brain, heart and muscles. Basil oil also helps to detoxify the body of bacteria and viruses, while fighting inflammation, pain and fatigue. Studies prove that basil oil shows antimicrobial activity and can kill bacteria, yeast and mold that can lead to asthma and respiratory damage.
3. Eucalyptus Oil: Eucalyptus Oil opens up the lungs and sinuses, thereby improving circulation and reducing symptoms of allergies. Studies have shown that it produces a cold sensation in the nose that helps to improve airflow. Eucalyptus contains citronellal, which has analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects; it also works as an expectorant helping to cleanse the body of toxins and harmful microorganisms that are acting as allergens.
4. Lemon oil: Lemon Oil Supports the Lymphatic System and being massaged with Lemon, massively improves the immune system, creating a more nurturing environment for healing.
5. Tea Tree: This powerful antiseptic oil, is well known for destroying airborne pathogens. Almost everyone will have tea tree tucked away somewhere in their home and it’s always useful to know, that this amazing oil has great healing properties for the respiratory system.
Please Like Share & Comment